The mission of the Suicide Prevention Task Force (SPTF) is to foster the hope of a suicide free county through education, empowerment, and innovation.
A county without suicide. Accomplish this by implementing a full range of strategies, starting from prevention and early intervention, which will be provided to all at-risk Tulare County residents with targeted programs addressing population-specific needs. Communities need prevention services to promote health and address problems long before they become acute, to effectively reduce suicides and suicidal behavior. Communities need a coordinated system of services to effectively respond to crisis situations.
• Strengthen and enrich current programs and intervention services
• Promote effective clinical and professional practices
• Develop and implement suicide prevention programs
• Improve and expand data collection systems
• Ensure the community is aware of the services and how to access them