Gina Kaulukukui; Carla Sawyer; Lupe Aguilar; Chandler Westphal; Darcy Massey; Nova Torrez; Dani Blain; Andi DiMeo
The LOSS Team responds anytime there is a traumatic loss in our community. It is sometimes a brief encounter to ensure that the survivors have resources. Other times, the relationship continues. This panel will have an in-depth look at how the connections are formed between the responder and survivor and how that relationship can lead to the survivor giving back to the community.
- The learner will be able to identify the ongoing communication between the responder and survivor.
- The learner will be able to identify the different experiences of traumatic loss.
- The learner will gain knowledge of the lessons from the survivor regarding the loss response.
- Describe the theraputic benefits of postvention support.
- Provide a brief introduction and tell us about your experience with loss.
- What is one thing that you felt was really helpful in working through your grief?
- What has been the most challenging part of this journey?
- For some of you the loss was very public, can you share any positive or negative effects on your grief?
- If you could give others who have experienced loss one piece of advice to help them through their journey, what would it be?